Where: Minsk Marriott Hotel + Falcon Club
Address: 20 Pobediteley Avenue, Minsk 220020 (show on map).
Address: Minsk Marriott Hotel. 20 Pobediteley Avenue, Minsk 220020 (show on map).
Price: room cost $110 per night (including all taxes and fees). Price is valid from 14 until 19 of November. Promo code is valid until November 3.
Cancellation of reservation: 1 day before the reservation.
Breakfast (buffet): not included and should be paid separately — $25 per day.
How to book: use the link http://www.marriott.com/default.mi
- Enter the hotel location – Minsk into the field
- Select the dates of your stay between November 14 until November 19
- In Special rates field in the drop down menu Corporate/promo code enter: LYD
- Click on Continue on the next page
- Click on Select on the next page and fill necessary info
Renaissance Minsk Hotel
Address: 1 E, Dzerzhinsky Avenue, Minsk 220036. This is NOT a conference Venue.
Price: room per night for 1 person — $99, without breakfast.
Prices include: VAT 20%, free Wi-Fi, free Fitness center, free tea/coffee in the room.
How to book: just follow the link. Select the dates of your stay between November 14 until November 19.
Last day to book: October 31.
NB! Renaissance Minsk Hotel is not a conference venue, it’s just a cheaper option.
Getting Around Minsk
Minsk is easily accessible by air, railway and road. The public transportation network there consists of subway (metro), train, suburban railways, buses, trolley buses and trams.
- The official air carrier of Belarus is Belavia.
- From Russia (Moscow): Flight duration: 1 h 20 min.
- From Ukraine (Kyiv): Flight duration: 1 h 5 min.
- From Europe: More than 20 directions covered.
Alternative option (for Schengen visa holders):
- You can fly to Vilnius, and pick any low-cost airlines out of a long list. For example, WizzAir.
- It’ll take you only 2 h 30 min to get from Vilnius to Minsk by train.
- Train schedule is available here.
You can also take train to get to Minsk from Kyiv or Moscow:
- Travel time (from Kyiv): 10-12 hours.
- Travel time (from Moscow): 9-10 hours.
Directions from the National Airport Minsk:
- Bus No. 300E. It runs every 45 minutes. The stop you need is located in the 5-6 sector area. (Details)
- The bus arrives at the central bus station (not far away from the railway station).
- You can also take a train. Schedule.
- To get to the hotel take buses No. 1056, 1, 119С near the railway/bus station.
NB! Google Maps Route planners don’t work too well in Minsk. Use Yandex Maps, Wikiroutes website or Minsk Guide app.
Download Uber app for quick and reliable taxi rides.
If you want to have access to mobile connection or 3G Internet, it’s better to buy an MTS SIM-card. To buy one, you should show your passport (any passport, not only Belarusian one).
Visa to Belarus
Starting this year Belarus is visa-free!
NB! There are few conditions:
- Maximum stay in Belarus is limited to 5 days
- You must enter and exit Belarus only through Minsk National Airport
- It applies only to this list of 80 countries
- You are required to have a few documents with you (valid passport, medical insurance, financial means)*
Make sure to check Belarus government website for more info!
*For citizens of Vietnam, Haiti, Gambia, Honduras, India, China, Lebanon, Namibia, Samoa a valid multiple visa of the EU member states or Schengen zone with a mark in passport on crossing the border of these states and tickets with confirmation of departure from “Minsk National Airport” within 5 days from the date of entry is a compulsory additional requirement.
Have visa questions? Contact Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org