is a prestigious game competition within DevGAMM conference. All judges are the gaming industry professionals. The event is held twice a year.
Deadline: April 16
NOMINATIONS & AWARDS SPONSORS
The prize fund is $10,000 and will be distributed among the winners of all categories. If you want to support developers and increase the prize fund, email us!
Become a sponsor of the most prestigious gaming award in CIS! All prize money will be divided between developers. Your company will gain visibility during the whole promo process of DevGAMM Awards: website, social media, marketing materials, livestream with over 80 000 viewers!
There are 9 nominations at DevGAMM Awards. You can choose minimum 1 nomination to submit a game. See below the rules for game submissions and participation at DevGAMM Awards.
the main award
Best Desktop Game
desktop, and online games
Best Mobile Game
games for mobile devices
Best Hyper Casual Game
hyper casual games for any platform
Best Indie Game
nomination for indie-games
Excellence in Game Design
evaluated by game designers
Excellence in Audio
evaluated by sound designers
Excellence in Narrative
evaluated by narrative designers
Excellence in Visual Art
evaluated by artists
How to take part?
- Buy ticket for DevGAMM (BUSINESS or DEVELOPER)
- Read our checklist first on game submissions
- Submit your game no later than April 16 using your ticket number
- Your game will be reviewed by our judges
- Nominees will be announced a week before DevGAMM
- Visit DevGAMM Awards ceremony on May 15
Gain recognition, win money prizes!
GAME SUBMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Submissions are free, but you must have a ticket to the conference
(1 game = 1 ticket)
- All the games (regardless of a studio size) are evaluated on a common basis
- You can change your submission before the game submissions deadline
Game release (see the description below) – Game was released no later than a year ago (April 16, 2019)
Team size – Any
Having publisher or investor – Is allowed
Game is a sequel – Is allowed
– Desktop (Windows\Mac)
– Mobile (iOS, Android)
Having playable build
– Link to website/page if it is an online game
– Link to build (only Dropbox or Google Drive)
– Steam codes if it is a paid game on Steam
– AppStore/Google Play (TestFlight or redeem codes if it is a paid game)
– Games without build will not be accepted!
Stages – Alpha version and higher, prototypes are not accepted
- If a game has won Grand Prize or Best Indie Game nomination, it can’t be submitted repeatedly.
- If a game in development has won any other nomination, you may submit it repeatedly only for the nominations it hasn’t won before.
- If a game has spent a long time in development and failed to win any nomination, we recommend that you only submit it for Awards after a major
- rework and once a year at most.
BEST INDIE GAME NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS
The additional condition of Best Indie Game nomination is that you must own 100% of your IP and you should have an “indie spirit”. The organizers reserve the right to remove a game without any explanation.
HOW TO CONSIDER "THE GAME WAS RELEASED" CONDITION
Apart from official game release, released games are games that use monetization.
- Game sale in Early Access on Steam
- Collecting donations on Patreon
- Sale of in-game items
- Monetization through advertising
- Gamejolt, itch.io and other resources if there’s monetization (if there’s no monetization than it’s allowed)
- Soft Launch on mobile devices in one of the regions with any ways of monetization
- Sale of game access on your website including closed or open beta-test
If a game is available on its website or services as itch.io without ways of monetization than we do not consider it as a release.
We remind you that for the submission, the game should be in the release for no more than a year (release no earlier than 04.16.2019).
HOW TO BECOME A JUDGE
Each DevGAMM Awards we invite game industry professionals to participate in the evaluation of projects through our automated judging system. For instance, artists, game designers, narrative designers, programmers, producers, testers, publishers, journalists, CEOs of gaming companies and so on.
Requirements for judges:
- Judge should have minimum 3 years of work experience in the gaming industry
- Judge is obliged to evaluate minimum 20 games or more (optional)
- Time for evaluation is 2 weeks (April 20th – May 4th)
- To avoid undue pressure, some judges prefer to rate games anonymously
Judging is a voluntary action of the gaming industry representatives who really cares what kind of games should win recognition.
Moreover, it is a nice opportunity for publishers to review projects prior to the conference!
DEVGAMM AWARDS JUDGES
List coming soon.
Producer, CD Projekt RED
CEO/CTO of Bitbox Ltd.
Founding Partner and COO, Kowloon Nights
Product Vision Expert, Wargaming R&D
CEO, Owl Studio
Head of Business Development, DECA Games
Engine Programmer Ciliz://W4
Co-Founder / Executive Producer, FDG Entertainment
Producer, BUKA ENTERTAINMENT
Lead Games Designer
Developer Relations Account Manager, Gaming CIS at Nvidia
Publishing & Investment Director, SUPER.COM
Senior Gameplay Programmer, Guerrilla Games
Audio Producer, TinyBuild
Game Designer/Co-founder, Street Lamp Games
XOGO Consulting, Owner
Producer, Banzai Games
Business development manager at Creagames
Game Producer, Gismart
Founder, ACHIEVERS HUB
HR Director, 1C Game Studios\1C Entertainment
Lead Producer, G5 Entertainment
Level Designer, People Can Fly
Lead Game Designer, OctoBox Interactive
CEO at Orc Work Games, Inc.
Business Development Director, GDT
Composer \ Sound Designer, Indie
Art Director at Bread Games
Game designer, Do My Best
CEO and audio director, Universe Music
Consulting Producer, Freelancer
CEO, Pingle Studio
Game Analyst, Innova
Business development at GTP Media
Сreative director, tinyBuild Riga
CEO at DevTribe
Senior Game Designer, Misthound games
Co-founder, Moonlight Mouse