Prestigious game developers competition.
Watch the ceremony on November 19.
NOMINATIONS & SPONSORS
the main award
Excellence in Game Design
evaluated by game designers
Excellence in Visual Art
evaluated by artists
Excellence in Narrative
evaluated by narrative designers
Best Desktop Game
desktop and online games
Special Prizes by Xsolla
- A credit line for a traffic purchase in affiliate networks within Xsolla Partner Network for amount of $500;
- Free usage of Xsolla Login and Xsolla Launcher products for the periods of Friends & Family and Alpha-tests (a limit of 100 MAU, build size of 25GB and traffic of 25TB max total applied);
- Free custom design mock-ups for Xsolla Launcher, Xsolla Login, landing pages and game forum built on the Xsolla Site Builder and partnership programs for video bloggers (w/out following design integration and program set-up);
- Setup and launch of pre-orders campaigns or any other monetization stage while using Xsolla Site Builder;
- Free setup and launch Xsolla In-Game Store for games with cross-platform player inventory connected with free inventory storage provided by Xsolla (limit of 10K MAU applied);
- A complimentary 6 months subscription for Xsolla RFP service;
- An invitation to Xsolla Funding Club for finding investments for a game;
- And expertise help with game pitch preparation for the investments showcases.
Winners in the categories:
- Grand Prize
- Best Desktop Game
- Best Indie Game
also receive (on the top of finalists’ prize pool):
Soft-commitment from Xsolla Funding Club to co-invest the amount of 20% of the budget requested in funding application;
Featuring the winner’s investment application in the Xsolla Funding Club.
NB: If a game wins two of these categories at once, then the third prize will be transferred to another game of Xsolla’s choice.
How to take part?
- Buy PRO ticket
- Submit your game no later than 1 October using your ticket number
- Your game will be reviewed by our judges
- Nominees will be announced a week before the DevGAMM Fall 2021
- Watch the DevGAMM Awards ceremony live on 19 November.
- Gain recognition and win money prizes!
Projects submissions for Awards: July 29 – October 1
- First round (preliminary selection): October 6-17
- Second round (project evaluation): October 19-31
- Third round (determination of winners): November 2-4
Nominees announcement: November 4
Award Ceremony: November 19
- You are free to apply, provided that you’ve got a PRO ticket to the conference (1 ticket = 1 game)
- You can edit your submission before the deadline
Stage – Alpha version and higherб MVP, vertical slice, release candidate
Game release – only if released not earlier than 1 October, 2020
Team size – any
Having publisher or investor – allowed
Game is a sequel – allowed
- Desktop (Windows\Mac)
- Mobile (iOS, Android)
Having playable build:
- Link to website/page if it is an online game
- Link to the build (only Dropbox or Google Drive)
- Steam codes if it is a paid game on Steam
- AppStore/Google Play (TestFlight or redeem codes if it is a paid game)
Games without builds will not be accepted!
For any questions email us email@example.com
- You can edit your submission before the deadline
The additional condition of Best Indie Game nomination is that you must own 100% of your IP and you should have an “indie spirit”. The organizers reserve the right to remove a game without any explanation.
- If a game is submitted for Best Student Game, it cannot be submitted for other nominations;
- When submitting, instead of the name of the company, you must indicate the educational institution;
- Teams can be a maximum of 10 people;
- Only student projects are accepted, all team members will be required to provide student IDs upon request;
- The prize will be transferred to the educational institution for distribution to the project participants.
To submit your game you need to login\create an account at Games Hub portal. Then, follow the list:
- You need a PRO ticket to DevGAMM Fall 2021 (submissions are free, but you must have a ticket to the conference (1 game = 1 ticket)
- Name of the game
- Short description of the game (up to 140 characters)
- Information about developer\publisher
- Game icon (150x150px, PNG or JPG)
- 3 screenshots
- Gameplay video
- Promotional video (optional)
- Game Build
- Grand Prize. Text answer to the question “Why your game is worthy of being nominated for the Grand Prize?”
- Excellence in Visual Art. Text answer to the question “Did you use any assets from stores or was everything made by your team?”
- Excellence in Game Design. Text answer to the question “What unique mechanics or game solutions did you use in game design?”
- Excellence in Narrative. Text answer to the question “Tell us about your narrative. What is special about it?”
- Excellence in Audio. Text answer to the question “What audio findings you implemented? Provide link to gameplay where your sound is at its best.”
- Best Student Game. Text answer to the question: “What does this project mean for you right now? Is that a dream game, commercial or just an assigned work? “
If your game is available on multiple platforms, we recommend adding multiple builds.
Some of the judges have only Android, some only have iOs; someone Windows, someone Mac OS.
- If your game is available in the browser – you must provide a link to the web version of the game.
- If the game is available on Steam or a similar store – a link to the game page in the store (if it is paid, you must provide 100 keys for the judges)
- If the game is not available on Steam – you need to provide a link to the build on Google Drive or Dropbox (in any case not on Yandex.Disk or Mail.Ru Cloud, because for some judges these resources may be blocked)
- If your game is available on Google Play, send a link to it. If the game is distributed according to the Premium model, you must provide at least 100 keys for the judges.
- If your game is not available on Google Play, you must provide a link to the .APK file
- If your game is available in the App Storу, add a link to it (if it is distributed according to the Premium model, you must provide 100 keys)
- If your game is not available in the App Store, you must provide a link to TestFlight-testing
- VR games are accepted only with an analog build for a desktop
- Games for consoles (Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch) are accepted only with a build for desktop
The maximum number of games submitted to the competition is four times:
- 3 times before the official release of the game (no more than 1 time per year)
- 1 time after release (the game must be in release no earlier than a year relative to the submission deadline)
NB: This new rule was introduced in the summer of 2021 based on feedback from judges who have been judging the competition for 4-6 years.
Example: the game is submitted for the first time at the Spring Awards of the current year, so it is better to skip the autumn competition and apply next year when significant changes are made to the game. If the game is released, it is recommended to submit to the next competition, because according to the terms of the competition, the game cannot be in release for more than a year relative to the deadline for submitting games.
For previous winners:
- If the game won the Grand Prize or Best Indie Game nomination, then it cannot be submitted to the competition anymore (even if it is not yet in release).
- If the game won any other nomination, then next time it can only be submitted for those nominations in which it did not win.
Please, remember that games should be in the release for no more than a year (not earlier than 1 October, 2020).
BECOME A SPONSOR
You can become a sponsor of the most prestigious award in the gaming industry of the CIS! The winning developers will share the prize money fund. Your brand will get lots of attention on our website, social networks, through the marketing campaign, and during the live broadcast with more than 80,000 viewers!
If you’d like to become a sponsor, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
BECOME A JUDGE
Every time, we invite game industry professionals to participate in the evaluation of projects through the automated judging system. Among the expert judges for the DevGAMM Awards are professional artists, game designers, narrative designers, programmers, producers, testers, publishers, journalists, CEOs of gaming companies, and so on.
Requirements for judges:
- a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the gaming industry;
- released projects or relevant experiences in the gaming industry;
- a judge is obliged to evaluate minimum 20 games;
- judge can be public or anonymous;
- The time for evaluation October 6 – November 4.
Taking part as a judge is a voluntary action of the gaming industry representatives who really care what kind of games should win recognition.
Moreover, it is a great opportunity for publishers to review projects prior to the conference!
DEVGAMM AWARDS JUDGES
Senior Producer, CD Projekt RED
Senior Gameplay Programmer, Guerrilla Games
CEO, Owl Studio
Founder and CEO, Green Grey
Head of Game Design, Nexters