Prestigious game competition within DevGAMM conference. All judges are the gaming industry professionals. The event is held twice a year.
Game Submissions is open
Deadline: April 15th
NOMINATIONS & AWARDS SPONSORS
The prize fund is $20,000 and will be distributed among the winners of all categories. If you want to support developers and increase the prize fund, email us!
AWARDS PLATINUM SPONSORS
There are 8 nominations at DevGAMM Awards. You can choose minimum 1 nomination to submit a game. See below the rules for game submissions and participation at DevGAMM Awards.
the main award
Excellence in Game Design
evaluated by game designers
Excellence in Visual Art
evaluated by artists
Excellence in Audio
evaluated by sound designers
Excellence in Narrative
evaluated by narrative designers
Best Indie Game
nomination for indie-games
Best Desktop Game
desktop, and online games
Best Mobile Game
games for mobile devices
- A credit line for a traffic purchase in affiliate networks within Xsolla Partner Network for amount of 500 USD
- Free usage of Xsolla Login and Xsolla Launcher products for the periods of Friends & Family and Alpha-tests (a limit of 100 MAU, build size of 25GB and traffic of 25TB max total applied);
- Free custom design mock-ups for Xsolla Launcher, Xsolla Login, landing pages and game forum built on the Xsolla Site Builder and partnership programs for video bloggers (w/out following design integration and program set-up);
- Setup and launch of pre-orders campaigns or any other monetization stage while using Xsolla Site Builder;
- Free setup and launch Xsolla In-Game Store for games with cross-platform player inventory connected with free inventory storage provided by Xsolla (limit of 10K MAU applied).
- A complimentary 6 months subscription for Xsolla RFP service
- An invitation to Xsolla Funding Club for finding investments for a game
- And expertise help with game pitch preparation for the investments showcases
Winners of the nominations
- Grand Prize
- Best Desktop Game
- Best Indie Game
are also receive (on the top of finalistst’ prize pool)
Soft-commitment from Xsolla Funding Club to co-invest the amount of 20% of the budget requested in funding application;
Featuring the winner’s investment application in the Xsolla Funding Club;
NB: If a game wins two of these nominations at once, then the third prize will be transferred to another game of Xsolla’s choice
How to take part?
GAME SUBMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Submissions are free, but you must have a ticket to the conference
(1 game = 1 ticket)
- All the games (regardless of a studio size) are evaluated on a common basis
- You can change your submission before the game submissions deadline
Game release (see the description below) – Game was released no later than a year ago (not earlier than April 15, 2020)
Team size – Any
Having publisher or investor – Is allowed
Game is a sequel – Is allowed
– Desktop (Windows\Mac)
– Mobile (iOS, Android)
– Desktop VR
– Mobile VR
Having playable build
– Link to website/page if it is an online game
– Link to build (only Dropbox or Google Drive)
– Steam codes if it is a paid game on Steam
– AppStore/Google Play (TestFlight or redeem codes if it is a paid game)
– Games without build will not be accepted!
Stages – Alpha version and higher, prototypes are not accepted
- If a game has won Grand Prize or Best Indie Game nomination, it can’t be submitted repeatedly.
- If a game in development has won any other nomination, you may submit it repeatedly only for the nominations it hasn’t won before.
- If a game has spent a long time in development and failed to win any nomination, we recommend that you only submit it for Awards after a major rework and once a year at most.
BEST INDIE GAME NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS
The additional condition of Best Indie Game nomination is that you must own 100% of your IP and you should have an “indie spirit”. The organizers reserve the right to remove a game without any explanation.
HOW TO CONSIDER "THE GAME WAS RELEASED" CONDITION
Apart from official game release, released games are games that use monetization.
- Game sale in Early Access on Steam
- Collecting donations on Patreon
- Sale of in-game items
- Monetization through advertising
- Gamejolt, itch.io and other resources if there’s monetization (if there’s no monetization than it’s allowed)
- Soft Launch on mobile devices in one of the regions with any ways of monetization
- Sale of game access on your website including closed or open beta-test
If a game is available on its website or services as itch.io without ways of monetization than we do not consider it as a release.
We remind you that for the submission, the game should be in the release for no more than a year (release no earlier than April 15, 2020).
HOW TO BECOME A JUDGE
Each DevGAMM Awards we invite game industry professionals to participate in the evaluation of projects through our automated judging system. For instance, artists, game designers, narrative designers, programmers, producers, testers, publishers, journalists, CEOs of gaming companies and so on.
Requirements for judges:
- Judge should have minimum 3 years of work experience in the gaming industry
- Judge shouldn’t be involved in any of the projects that are submitted to DevGAMM Awards
- Judge is obliged to evaluate minimum 20 games or more (optional)
- Time for evaluation is 2 weeks (April 16 – May 5)
- We do not publish the names of judges to avoid pressure on them, but we don’t prohibit them to talk about it publicly
Judging is a voluntary action of the gaming industry representatives who really cares what kind of games should win recognition.
Moreover, it is a nice opportunity for publishers to review projects prior to the conference!
WANT TO SPONSOR A NOMINATION?
You can become a sponsor of the most prestigious award in the gaming industry of the CIS! The winning developers will share the prize money fund.Your brand will get lots of attention on our website, social networks, through the marketing campaign, and during the live broadcast with more than 80,000 viewers!
If you would like to become a nomination sponsor, please contact us at email@example.com
DEVGAMM AWARDS JUDGES
Producer, CD Projekt RED
CEO/CTO of Bitbox Ltd.
Product Vision Expert, Wargaming R&D
CEO, Owl Studio
Head of Business Development, DECA Games
Game Engine Programmer, W4 Game Creation Kit
Co-Founder / Executive Producer, FDG Entertainment
Producer, BUKA ENTERTAINMENT
Lead Games Designer
Developer Relations Account Manager, Gaming CIS at Nvidia
Publishing & Investment Director, SUPER.COM
Managing Director \ PC & Console Games, 101XP
Unity developer, Game Insight
Director, Lithuanian Game Developers Association
Lead Developer, Little Universe
Those Awesome Guys
Vice-President for Operations, Firefly Studios
Unity Tech Lead,
Patryk Jan Hamerlak
Head of Publishing,
CTO \ Diversity & Inclusion Advocate, Terra Virtua
VP, Business Development,
Gaming Business Development / Growth, AppsFlyer
Head of production, Uni-Bit Studio
Senior Gameplay Programmer, Guerrilla Games
Audio Producer, TinyBuild
Game Designer/Co-founder, Street Lamp Games
XOGO Consulting, Owner
Business Development Manager, CreaGames Ltd
Game Producer, Gismart
Founder, ACHIEVERS HUB
Publishing Manager, Homa Games
Level Designer, People Can Fly
Lead Game Designer, OctoBox Interactive
CEO at Orc Work Games, Inc.
Composer \ Sound Designer, Indie
Art Director at Bread Games
Game designer, Do My Best
Consulting Producer, Freelancer
CEO, Pingle Studio
Game Analyst, Innova
Business development at GTP Media
Сreative director, tinyBuild Riga
CEO at DevTribe
Senior Game Designer, Ciliz
Senior Business Development Manager, AppQuantum
Senior Gameplay Programmer, Splash Damage
Co-founder, Moonlight Mouse