Prestigious game competition at the DevGAMM conference. The judges are the gaming industry professionals. The event is held twice a year.
Game Submissions are closed
Deadline: April 15th
NOMINATIONS & AWARDS SPONSORS
The prize fund is $40,000 and will be distributed among the winners of all categories.
If you want to support developers and increase the prize fund, email us!
AWARDS PLATINUM SPONSORS
There are eight nominations at DevGAMM Awards. See below the rules for game submissions and participation.
- A credit line for a traffic purchase in affiliate networks within Xsolla Partner Network for amount of $500;
- Free usage of Xsolla Login and Xsolla Launcher products for the periods of Friends & Family and Alpha-tests (a limit of 100 MAU, build size of 25GB and traffic of 25TB max total applied);
- Free custom design mock-ups for Xsolla Launcher, Xsolla Login, landing pages and game forum built on the Xsolla Site Builder and partnership programs for video bloggers (w/out following design integration and program set-up);
- Setup and launch of pre-orders campaigns or any other monetization stage while using Xsolla Site Builder;
- Free setup and launch Xsolla In-Game Store for games with cross-platform player inventory connected with free inventory storage provided by Xsolla (limit of 10K MAU applied);
- A complimentary 6 months subscription for Xsolla RFP service;
- An invitation to Xsolla Funding Club for finding investments for a game;
- And expertise help with game pitch preparation for the investments showcases.
Winners in the categories:
- Grand Prize
- Best Desktop Game
- Best Indie Game
also receive (on the top of finalists’ prize pool):
Soft-commitment from Xsolla Funding Club to co-invest the amount of 20% of the budget requested in funding application;
Featuring the winner’s investment application in the Xsolla Funding Club.
NB: If a game wins two of these categories at once, then the third prize will be transferred to another game of Xsolla’s choice.
How to take part?
- Buy PRO ticket
- Study the checklist on game submissions
- Submit your game no later than April 15 using your ticket number
Your game will be reviewed by our judges
Nominees will be announced a week before the DevGAMM Spring 2021
- Watch the DevGAMM Awards ceremony live on May 14.
Gain recognition and win money prizes!
GAME SUBMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
- Submissions are free, but you have to have a ticket to the conference
(1 game = 1 ticket)
- All the games (regardless of a studio size) are evaluated on a common basis
- You can change your submission before the deadline
Game release (see the description below) – not earlier than April 15, 2020
Team size – any
Having publisher or investor – allowed
Game is a sequel – allowed
- Desktop (Windows\Mac)
- Mobile (iOS, Android)
- Desktop VR
- Mobile VR
Having playable build:
- Link to website/page if it is an online game
- Link to the build (only Dropbox or Google Drive)
- Steam codes if it is a paid game on Steam
- AppStore/Google Play (TestFlight or redeem codes if it is a paid game)
Games without builds will not be accepted!
Stages – Alpha version and higher. Prototypes are not accepted!
- If a game was a Grand Prize or Best Indie Game winner, it can’t be submitted again.
- If a game in development won in any other category, it can be submitted again only for the categories it hasn’t won before.
- If a game has spent a long time in development and failed to win in any category, we recommend submitting it for the Awards only after a major rework and once a year at most.
BEST INDIE GAME NOMINATION REQUIREMENTS
The additional condition of Best Indie Game nomination is that you must own 100% of your IP and you should have an “indie spirit”. The organizers reserve the right to remove a game without any explanation.
HOW TO CONSIDER "THE GAME WAS RELEASED" CONDITION
Apart from official game releases, released games are required to use monetization.
- Game sale in Early Access on Steam
- Collecting donations on Patreon
- Sale of in-game items
- Monetization through advertising
- Gamejolt, itch.io, and other resources if there’s monetization (if there’s no monetization then it’s allowed)
- Soft Launch on mobile devices in one of the regions with any ways of monetization
- Sale of game access on your website including closed or open beta-test
If a game is available on its website or services as itch.io without monetization, it is not considered as a release.
Please, remember that games should be in the release for no more than a year (not earlier than April 15, 2020).
Projects submissions for Awards: February 15 – April 15
- First round (preliminary selection): April 16 – April 26
- Second round (project evaluation): April 27 – May 4
- Third round (determination of winners): May 5 – May 7
Nominees announcement: May 5
Award Ceremony: May 14, 6:00pm (GMT +3)
HOW TO BECOME A JUDGE
Every time, we invite game industry professionals to participate in the evaluation of projects through the automated judging system. Among the expert judges for the DevGAMM Awards are professional artists, game designers, narrative designers, programmers, producers, testers, publishers, journalists, CEOs of gaming companies, and so on.
Requirements for judges:
- a minimum of 3 years of work experience in the gaming industry;
- released projects or relevant experiences in the gaming industry;
- a judge is obliged to evaluate minimum 20 games;
- judge can be public or anonymous;
- The time for evaluation is two weeks (April 16 – May 5).
Taking part as a judge is a voluntary action of the gaming industry representatives who really care what kind of games should win recognition.
Moreover, it is a great opportunity for publishers to review projects prior to the conference!
BECOME A SPONSOR
You can become a sponsor of the most prestigious award in the gaming industry of the CIS! The winning developers will share the prize money fund. Your brand will get lots of attention on our website, social networks, through the marketing campaign, and during the live broadcast with more than 80,000 viewers!
If you’d like to become a sponsor, please contact us via email@example.com.
DEVGAMM AWARDS JUDGES
Managing Director \ PC & Console Games, 101XP
Head of Game Design, Nexters
Founder and CEO, Green Grey
Publishing & Investment Director, SUPER.COM
Business Head, Xsolla USA. Inc
Head of Business Development, DECA Games
VP, Business Development,
Senior Gameplay Programmer, Guerrilla Games
CTO, Green Grey
Developer Relations Account Manager, Gaming CIS at Nvidia
Senior Producer, CD Projekt RED
CEO, Owl Studio
Founder, ACHIEVERS HUB
CIO, Yode Group
Patryk Jan Hamerlak
Head of Publishing,
XOGO Consulting, Owner
Business Development Manager, AppQuantum
CEO/CTO, Bitbox Ltd.
Producer, BUKA ENTERTAINMENT
Vice-President for Operations, Firefly Studios
CEO, Highcore Games
Senior Business Development Manager, AppQuantum
Game Designer/Co-founder, Street Lamp Games
Publishing Manager, Homa Games
Game Engine Programmer, W4 Game Creation Kit
Deputy Director, HSBI
Director, Lithuanian Game Developers Association
Unity Tech Lead,
Audio Producer, TinyBuild
Lead Game Designer, OctoBox Interactive
Lead Game Designer, Social Quantum
Сreative director, tinyBuild Riga
Art Director at Bread Games
Senior Gameplay Programmer, Splash Damage
Senior Game Designer, Ciliz
CEO, Pingle Studio
PR/Marketing CIS region specialist, Galaktus PR/Payat10tion MC
Unity developer, Game Insight
Co-founder, Moonlight Mouse
Executive Producer, 24Play
Consulting Producer, Freelancer
CEO at DevTribe
Composer \ Sound Designer, Indie
Level Designer, People Can Fly
Gaming Business Development / Growth, AppsFlyer
Lead Developer, Little Universe
Game designer, Do My Best
Head of production, Uni-Bit Studio
Game Analyst, Innova
CEO at Orc Work Games, Inc.
Lead Games Designer
Co-Founder / Executive Producer, FDG Entertainment
Those Awesome Guys
Game Producer, Gismart
CTO \ Diversity & Inclusion Advocate, Terra Virtua